miércoles, 19 de enero de 2011

Vará del Pescao (Arinaga Beach- Gran Canaria)


The "Vará del Pescao" is the name that is known to one of the great feasts of the island which is held on the beach Arinaga in the month of September, in the municipality of Agüimes. It is a traditional festival or pilgrimage fishing where they attended wearing clothing typical Canarian or fishing.

Is a party where burns with desire to start grilling sardines, served rum and enjoy your favorite celebration with your family and friends across the avenue that runs along the beach. Whether coaches or without floats, beach fills arinaga attendees year after year to enjoy this event.


Personally, I have lived this event since I was little. I remember when my mother took me along with my uncles and cousins to the beach for a fish barbecue. I remember seeing hours before the party started tweaking their coaches fishermen, women mending clothes and children playing on the edge of the beach in the sun.
It is certainly one of the great festivals of the Canary Islands.



View Larger Map

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario